Friday, August 14, 2009

Almost 5 months :)

I know, I know...sorry it has been so long. What can I say, we have had a rough week. Late last week Jake had a little bit of a fever and then quickly developed a bunch of symptoms that we thought was teething. But one thing that bothered me was that he would not breast feed except for in the morning. And as time went on other symptoms went away...but not that. Then on Sunday I came down with something that also included an early fever and then a bad sore throat. I was starting to wonder if Jake was just fighting something. Well today I took him to the doctor and yeah he has a virus with a bad sore throat. So yeah...that would explain everything. I was told he would probably get better in a couple of days and then will probably go back to his normal feeding...time will tell. :)

So to make up for the time here are pictures from both weeks. Jake has been such a trooper through most of his little bug and you can see that in the later pictures when he was sick.

Our cute little boy took the monkey off his play mat, again and then proceeded to cuddle. :)
Here is something that I am so proud of. I have been working on my friend Melissa for years to develop her humor and I think I am finally making an impact as she bought Jake this "Peas on earth" onesie with little peas surrounding the earth. I am so proud. :P
Here is Jake working towards being the next Michael Jordan...even sticking out the tongue as he gets ready for the shot.
Ah my adorable little boy. He is really loving his exersaucer and can now even sit normally in it without having to lean forward or to the side.
Jake has really been working on his sitting. We could tell for the last month or so that he wanted to so bad because he always wants to sit up now. So last week he started being "too good" to hold on to both of my hands and started being daring and just holding onto one. Yeah some spills resulted but he had the biggest grin on his face every time.
First time Jake has worn footsie PJs since he was a couple months old...he is so much bigger now. :)
"Hmmmm....I seemed to have rolled over from my back to my tummy....but I am not quite sure what to do with my arms" This happens quite often. hehe
And now starting last weekend and improving this week is Jake trying to let go of the one hand and sit all by himself. It started only lasting about 5 seconds...as it did when he took this. Although today I swear he was sitting for a minute...until he looked to his right and went....ooohh my pack N play...and then timber. hehe which got another Jakey grin.
Cute boy sleeping with daddy's old bunny.

3 comments:

  1. Jake, you just keep getting cuter and cuter!!! Grandma and Grandpa can hardly wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

    Good job, Sandy, with the Blog!!!!

    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a big boy you are getting to be...sitting up all by yourself. Next thing you know it'll be teeth! We are soooo sorry that you aren't feeling well :( Hope you get better soon.
    I love how you sleep with daddy's bunny. He used to cuddle it just like you do. I'm sure it helps you sleep better.
    We love you, Grandma and Grandpa B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a sweet boy! wish I could see him soon. but wow, did you have to go public with my one consent to your horrible humor? :)

    ReplyDelete