Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Still Waiting

Well, I am starting to get a lot of phone calls to see how we are doing so I thought I would put it out on the blog. :) Jake has not made his grand appearance yet even though he is getting pretty big. My doctor thinks he is somewhere between 9 and 9 1/4 lbs at this point and my due date at this point is only two days away. For those of you who do not know I was diagnosed as borderline gestational diabetic at the beginning of my pregnancy (although I have been able to keep everything stable with diet the hole time and my doctor actually told me yesterday that I do not have to test my sugars for the rest of my pregnancy...yey!!!!)...so that basically means that the biggest they will let him get and let me deliver his naturally is 9 lbs 13 oz...so its kind of a race between him and me. :) So far my body is not ready to let him go at all so we are just in the waiting game. However if he does not decide to come soon my doctor has scheduled for me to be induced on March 20th, which is really nice to know we have a no later than date. So for now we will just have to wait and see.
It has been really nice to be home these last couple of weeks...so much easier than being at work as my anchor was really dragging those last two weeks. And I can even see my ankles now which is quite exciting. lol. Well more later as we wait to meet little Jake. Hope everyone is having a great week. :)

2 comments:

  1. We are anxiously waiting with you!!! Tell Jake that his gramma and grampa in SLO want to meet him real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a post! how about an i'm about ready to pop pic...
    i bet your mom is super happy they made it back in time!

    ps--tracy has your exact due date and wishes you well. she's having a c-section tomorrow cuz the baby is breech. and they were originally planning an at home delivery!

    ReplyDelete