Wednesday, July 25, 2012

4th of July Part 1

For the 4th of July this year we went to San Luis Obispo to share a wonderful holiday week with Ryan's family.  It was the best vacation and we all had a really good time.  We relaxed, played at the house, went to a 4th of July picnic, went to the beach and the zoo.  We had such a good time that I took a million pictures.  So here are most of them to share...part 2 Day at the zoo will follow as I was afraid I would not have enough memory on the blog entry to contain them all.  :)  enjoy!!!
"Ma" (the name Jake is trying out right now for his Grandmas) got AJ some yummy baby food finger foods...and just like big brother used to do...AJ sticks the entire wheel into his mouth.  :)
Jake LOVES watermelon, and really seemed to enjoy eating on the lawn
Jake is such a big boy now...getting better at the big boy swing
AJ's very first time on a swing...I think he likes it...
..and seems pretty relaxed too :)
My 3 boys :)
AJ's first time in the big bath without his plastic tub....he LOVED it...so much easier to make big splashes
Introducing your pilot for this flight, Jake Brown
Crazy drivers!
My little surfer boy
Some adorable bonding time
This was also AJ's first time at the beach (crazy to think that a year ago we were here and he was still in my tummy)...at first he was not too sure.
Jake could hardly wait to get in the water, but wanted to hug his daddy for a little support
But he had a blast and went in a couple more times
...and AJ even dipped his feet in the ocean to check it out...wonder what he thought?
...I think this answers that question.  :D  I was actually amazed, I was not sure what he would think of the cold water...but he laughed when I put his feet in.  Little AJ is going to be a fish just like his big brother.
Our adorable happy family
And one happy Jakey Bear
"What is this stuff?"
I think we made another Beach Bum
These boys are serious about their sandcastles
AJ was really excited to play in the sand and get dirty
And of course no adventure is complete for Jake unless there is a slide involved
What a wonderful Day with Grandma and Grandpa and so many wonderful memories were made.
Stay tuned for part 2...which hopefully will come soon followed by Jake's swim lessons.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment