Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Years and First Time at the Park

Wow...as I have been sitting here uploading my pictures my son just army crawled (pulled himself forward on his belly using his arms and sometimes his legs) from me to his books (about 5' away), back to me, and then back to the books. I cannot believe this boy. He just started working on this before New Years and he is already making progress. Wow

Anyway :) New Years was a wonderful time. We went to our good friends Melissa and Steve's house to spend time with them and have our little ones play. We had a wonderful New Years with them and uncle Steve even gave Jake some crawling lessons...so I am blaming you Steve for this new army crawl. ;) Jake and Kadence seemed to have a good time playing around each other and did not really upset each other...so I call it a success. hehe New Years Day our friends, Becky, Troy and Jim came up for a surprise birthday party for Becky which was so much fun. We then had a house full of kids and adults just having a good time. So much fun. I love these times when you can get together with old friends. So fun and relaxing and awesome to see our kids grow up together.

Another thing that we were able to do the first day we got there was take Jake to a park for the first time. The boy was 9 1/2 months old and had never been on a big swing or on a slide and seeing that they have a bunch of awesome parks around there house we went on a little adventure.

Here are some pictures showing our great times:
Jake and Kadence getting ready to go to the park. And yes Kadence is 6 months older even though they look to be the same size) :) "Okay momma, I am in this strange thing and getting all buttoned up...now what?"
"Wo this is fun...again...again."
"Dad I know you are holding onto the back of my overalls...but I am not sure about this."
"Oh...that was really fun...I think I like the slide!"
This was really funny as both Kadence and Emma (Becky and Troys little girl...really bummed we did not get a picture of the three of them together) loved to sit on Jake like a little horsey. Jake was exploring the floor on his tummy a lot so I guess he looked like a little pony to them. But here you can see that Kadence was really happy and proud of herself just barely sitting on Jake.
Here Jake has fully thrown his rider and looks quite pleased about it...the rider...not so much.
Ahhhh...a little sleepy cuddle time between Jake and Becky
This I just though was cute. We did not bring our dog Piper on our trip and I think Piper and Jake really missed each other as Jake went right to her when we got back and Piper gave him a nice puppy kiss. :)
Hope you all had a wonderful New Years as well and we all have a great 2010!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard about the horsey pictures! We didn't get those ones on our camera, so it was fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake, you are just like your mommy---you love the playground. Love the pics of you playing horsey. Just like everything else, you just go with the flow and very happily.

    Love you all very much!!!!

    Grandma and Grandpa L

    ReplyDelete