Saturday, January 30, 2010

Our Great Travels

Well I last wrote you before our great trip and wow the stories I have to tell. :) Once again I will have to split this up over a couple blogs. The trip started off on a bad note but it turned into a really great thing. We were supposed to leave on Thursday morning to go to North Carolina to see family and on the way to the airport we got a call that our flight had been cancelled. To make a long story short we were not able to fly out until the next morning. But luckily my aunt Joanie lives about 15 minutes from the airport we were using and so we were able to stay with her. Jake had not met his aunt yet and so it was great fun for them to be able to bond and get to know each other...although I am bummed I did not get a picture of them together. My aunt Joanie and her friend Amy also have a number of dogs that they breed and Jake quickly made them his best friends as they played together. They also inspired Jake to become a better crawler, as can be seen in the video below...keep in mind he crawled for the first time a week and a day before.

Friday morning we were able to leave as planned...Jake really wanted to take this airplane. :)
But we flew through Nashville on our way and had a 3 hour layover there. What at first sounded like a terrible plan turned great as we had some awesome bbq at the airport and they had two play areas at the airport which Jake absolutely loved. So much so he slept while taxing in Nashville and woke up when we stopped at the gate in NC. :) Yes my big boy ended up being a great little traveler. But we arrived around 9:30pm in NC and were off to see family as it was still early for us CA people and my family really wanted to meet Jake. We had such a wonderful time with them visiting and having fun with a certain game...izzle. (Brandt family will understand this and all my friends and family...you soon will) Such a wonderful trip that I only wish could have been longer. But here are some pictures with family and next time will be of our wonderful little side trip we made with my cousin Stephanie.
A picture of Jake on his first ever airplane ride.
Jake and his aunt Megan.
Ahhhhh...how cute.
Jake and his great aunt Amy.
Jake and his great uncle Ken. (sitting next to Megan and her friend)
Jake and his aunt Stephanie.
Stay tuned for the next blog of our little side trip and Jake's favorite place.

3 comments:

  1. Who are all of these adorable people?????
    LOVED your visit. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo excited!!! I finally learned how to post comments and just in time for Jake's upcoming 1st birthday!

    Love from your "Southern Kin"
    Ken and Amy

    ReplyDelete