Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jake...The One Year Old Boy!!!

Wow, On March 17th my baby boy turned one....I still cannot believe it. He was just born...wasn't he??? But yes, he is now a one year old little man that has so much character, loves to have fun, cuddle, play with his dog Piper and cuddle with his "mama" and "dada." I love my little Jake so much and it has been a wonderful first year. At this point in his life he is cruising around the furniture and can walk about 10 ft while holding onto our hands, he LOVES bananas and is getting used to some more solid foods, can stack his mega blocks on top of each other, loves trucks, balls and books...and need I say is the most adorable child in the world? :D Oh and what you all must be wondering...he is now 27lbs 4 oz and 32 1/4" long. Yep we grow them big. And he is now doing well at switching over to cows milk. I DID IT...he was nursed until he was a year old...I MADE IT!!!! I have to brag a little because the little guy did not make it easy after a two week nursing strike when he was 4 1/2 months, biting me when he was 9 months (more time off there), and then self weaning at 10 1/2 months. BUT WE DID IT!!! :D

OK, enough of that...here are a ton of pictures for you to enjoy.

Jake coming out to his party last weekend...he was very excited!!!
Playing with his friends David and Abigail.
Chasing after his friends David and Dylan.
Playing with Caden. He really had a great time with all the kids there.
Ahhhh and the cakes. Our friend Katie made the most awesome cakes for his birthday. For all of us she made the most amazing cupcake cake I have ever seen. Isn't it awesome!!!
And for Jake...a really cute smash cake to match our decor. And wow...a big cake...wonder what he will do with that.....

"What is everyone looking at?"
"Ooooooohhhhhhh....thats pretty...for me???
"Hmmmm...this is kinda interesting" (he really did not like eating it...first time with sugar)
"Oh ok, its like finger paint...I can do this"
"Hey its kinda squishy when I dig into it!!!"
"Uh Mom...I think I lost my hands in this thing?"
"He he he...nope I got them....some stuff came out with them though"
"Hmmmm...this is kinda fun"
"Thank you Miss Katie for making me this really fun cake....when I am older they will tell me how yummy it was too." :D
Stay tuned for hopefully I video of this...if it is not too long and will load. And some real birthDAY cake pics and nice 1 year portraits. :)

7 comments:

  1. Loved seeing the first set of b'day pics. Wish we could have been on the West side to celebrate Jake's 1st birthday. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Jake! You did a great job on that cake. I am so glad that you had a good time at your first birthday party. Thank you for inviting us to your actual Birthday day. It was fun being with you, your mommy and daddy and your Grandpa and Grandm Loretz.
    We love you little Bear! G'ma & G'pa Brown

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake, we can't believe you are 1 year old!!!! The time went by so quickly. Love all your birthday party photos. You smooshed that birthday cake better than anyone I have ever seen. Go Jake!!!!

    It was very special to be with you for your first actual birthday. Thanks Sandy and Ryan for making it so special. Also thanks Peggy and Wayne for sharing the day with us. Love our family!!!!

    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa L
    Mom and Dad
    Eileen and Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. The cupcake cake is spectacular! Whoever made it could turn pro---seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. happy birthday.. I can't believe what he did to that cake!!!

    ReplyDelete