Thursday, June 5, 2014

Jake's 5th Birthday

I'm a bit embarrassed that I am just getting to Jake's actual Birthday post...since its almost 2 months later.  I would have thought I would be much better being a stay at home mom, but we just seem to find so many fun things to do.  :D  So now that I have A TON to catch up on, here I am again.  :D  We have had so many fun things the last couple of months and so I am really looking forward to sharing them with everyone.  :)  So now just close you eyes and pretend its St Patties Day...or in our family...Jakey Bear's Birthday.  :D
A friend of mine took a picture like this on her son's 5th birthday and I loved it.  :)  Jake was so excited to be 5.
It happened to hit on the first day of Spring break and so Jake got to hang out with AJ and I all day, since he was off school, and then Ryan came home early for Birthday celebrations and dinner.  :D  So what did we do on Jake's Birthday?  Whatever he wanted to do :)
It started with the most important meal of the day...breakfast.  :)  So I took him to a local market here called Sprouts where he LOVES their muffins.  So he very happily picked out some chocolate chocolate chip muffins.  :)  And no, there was no way they were going to wait to get home to eat them.  hehe
Two very happy eaters!
Then after "breakfast" we came home and painted.  :)  Jake loves to paint after doing it so often at school and so the boys had a great time!
I'm just amazed they did not paint each other.  :)
Next was bubbles in the backyard
...always a hit
Then a little tball practice...notice the concentration :)
AJ's ready
I love this picture, everything is flying and Jake is just hoping that none of it hits him.  hehe, he was safe 
And then AJ was wonderful and washed dishes....just kidding :)
It was a big 5 day...
...see what I mean :)
This sound affects Iron Man toy was a very exciting gift to go with all his super hero dress up gear
What every super hero fan needs...a Marvel encyclopedia! 
For dinner we told Jake we would take him anywhere he wanted to go.  And he chose....Taco Bell!  :)  The boy is in love with "crunchy tacos" as he calls them which are the Nacho Cheese Dorito tacos.  The crazy boy can almost put away 3 of them.  :)  But he was a very happy boy
After dinner we went across the street for Frozen Yogurt
When we got home Jake and his daddy, along with AJ's supervision, put together his new Spiderman Legos.  I am not sure which one of them had more fun.  :)
And those beautiful paintings turned out great, here is AJ's
And here is the birthday boys.  :)
 
It was so fun to spend this big Birthday with Jake and while it was different than his past birthdays I think we still had a great time.  Another big hit of the day, skyping with both sets of grandparents!  So fun to still share the day when we are so far apart!  Happy Belated Birthday Jake!  We love you so much and are so proud of the little man you are becoming!


No comments:

Post a Comment