Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Loving Life, New Things and Easter

My boys just seem to be growing up way to fast.  I look back at all of these pictures, what they have learned and what I know they are doing now and it all goes so fast.  So we are making sure to enjoy every little bit of it.  During the time between my parents trip and Easter AJ hit a big milestone in potty training.  We were not sure if he was going to be ready but after a shaky start he just got it and has been doing really well.  He is also our little charmer.  Always saying things like "Mommy I like your shirt"  or "I like your hair."  Pretty darn cute.  He wants to try everything and is frustrated when he can't because he is not old enough.  Jake continues to be a great big brother and is just growing into such a big boy.  At this time he was nearing the end of school and enjoying every day of it.  The boy LOVES school and has learned so much.  He was practicing to start playing t-ball, and working on his bike riding skills.  Jake is my little helper, helping me with laundry, feeding the dog, helping me find AJ's lost baby or sippy....which happens quite often.  :)  I love these two boys and watching them go through all of these stages is truly a joy.
Brother love is really the best
My monkey, both of my boys love to climb...even if they get stuck sometimes and need mommy or daddy to rescue them. :)
As we were getting closer to potty training we broke out the big guns..."Elmo's Potty Time" a dvd that helped both of our kids.  AJ was pretty excited about it.
And then came the morning where we started potty training and broke out the big boy underwear.  I think AJ would have showed his new undies to the world and ran through the neighborhood in just them to show them off if I had let him.  :)  He was super excited.
I am not one to normally share a picture of my child on the potty but this one just cracked me up.  My little super hero...cape and all.  He WOULD NOT take it off. :)
Fun times with mommy. We always miss Jake when he is at school, but me and my little buddy always have a good time.  :)
Jake made this little cross for Easter at AWANA and he was quite proud of it.  I really liked it too and loved how much he understood the meaning of the holiday this year.
Easter morning the boys were very excited to see if the Easter Bunny had come and filled their baskets.  They were very lucky boys!
Jake is surprised at all the goodies and AJ is just super excited :)
Fun tub toy planes to play with in the tub
Some of our friends blessed us with the invitation of coming over to their house later Easter morning for an Easter Egg hunt and brunch.  It was so nice to have the special time and the boys LOVED it!  It was rainy and so the hunt was inside but we still had plenty of fun.
Jake of course was the oldest and so did very well at the egg hunt but was also such a sweetie in helping his little brother and younger friends find eggs too.  So proud of the big boy he is becoming.
Towards the end it is harder to find the last eggs and better search equipment may be needed.  :)  It was a wonderful Easter that also included an Easter dinner with our entire lifegroup from church.  Most of us are here from out of state and so did not have family here and so for this Easter we were each other's family.  It was really fun and a very special first Easter in Oklahoma!


No comments:

Post a Comment