Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mother's Day Tea, Tball and Vehical Day

We have really enjoyed fully taking advantage of our new home and all the things that our area offer.  Doing many school activities, sports, and just cool events that take place in our new hometown.  I often marvel at how lucky we are to live in an area that offers so much.  Feel like we are able to give our kids some really cool experiences and just enjoy all of the time that we have together.
 One very special school event was the Mother's Day Tea.  Jake's teacher had the kids working on this for a week to get ready for the big day.  Jake talked about it every day and was SOOOOO excited for the day to come.  That morning he was all over the place with excitement and kept making me promise "Mommy, promise me that you will not be late."  Now I have not been late to anything for school for the record :)  but he wanted to make sure.  But here we are in the morning getting ready for the day.  :)  Isn't my big boy a charming little guy?
 And of course, as is the case with my boys, if one gets a picture then the other wants one too :)  Me and my Squidly...too cute
 Me and my boys!  :)  Happy times for me are cuddling on the couch with these two.  :)
 Jake brought home one of those beans that they had soaked in water and had started to root.  Well he wanted to plant it and so we did.  But we prepared him that it might not grow and if it did it would be very slow.  Well this was about a week and a half later.  :)  Boy had a green thumb.  You should see the thing now...its 3 times as big.  Will have to get a picture of it to put on a later blog.
So I was at the school waiting with the other moms and when the kids came walking down the hall I see Jake weaving around and trying to find me.  As soon as he saw me he yelled "Hi Mommy"  and was just as happy as can be.  The kids went in first and then the moms were invited in.  The kids were all at their chairs and as we walked to them they pulled out the chairs and did a little bough.  :)  It was too cute.  And this is what I found at my spot. 
 
Jake was very proud of all the projects he made me
 My flower and portrait  :)
Me and my Mother's Day Tea Date :) 
 Jake, me and his teacher...she did so much work with the kids to put this together and it was really special
 You saw all of those cookies in the earlier picture right?  Yeah the kids were pretty hyper afterwards.  :)
 Jake and his buddy Grant before a twin day at school.  Two little goofballs
 Jake also started playing t-ball for the first time!  He had never been interested before but all of a sudden he really wanted to play.  So we signed him up for a summer league with the ymca and he has LOVED it.  This is a picture of him in his Dodger hat and blue baseball shirt throwing the ball to his buddy on the first practice.  You can also see AJ and his Daddy playing catch in the left corner.  Poor little guy really wants to play too but is just a little too young.  Next Spring they can both play  :)
 After the practice we were taking the boys to the kids truck and vehicle show that the city was putting on.  We were meeting some friends there and we got there first.  The boys were so excited for their friends to get there and I thought they looked so cute looking for them.
 Of course the first thing that we had to look at was the fire truck  :)
 AJ wanted one of these for his own  :D
 
 The kids hanging out together.  They had so much fun and loved going to one cool truck after another.
 Inspecting a military vehicle

 AJ adored this truck, think he wants to be a truck driver   :)
Look out road....here they come!!! 
The new law in town
A boy and his pup.  Piper might be getting up there in age but his buddy still loves to play and hang out with her.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment