Monday, August 4, 2014

Anniversary Trip :) - Branson Missouri

So I realize this blog is often about our boys but I also wanted to share a wonderful trip that Ryan and I got to share.  For our anniversary Ryan's parents gave us a wonderful trip...themselves.  :)  They were coming out for a nice long visit and while they were here they told us that we could get away for a long weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  It was awesome!!!  It had been a crazy year with us making the big move and all the changes that had occurred, and we were so excited to go and get some us time.  :)  We went to Branson Missouri which is just a 5 hour drive for us, and wow it is beautiful there.  It is so much fun to live somewhere new where there are new places to explore in every direction.  :)  But the area is so beautiful I wanted to share some of the wonderful pictures that we got.
 Enjoying the view...my explorer :)
I loved this bridge 
 Such a peaceful place with some HUGE cabins
 Is this a cool church or what?!?!?
 As a former desert rat...I LOVE ALL THE GREEN!!!
 A beautiful huge lake
 Ryan and I, 10 years :)
 So this was a picture I took to send home to Jake, he was super excited by the way :)
 Who knew there would be a Titanic museum in the middle of the country :)
A friend had recommended that we go on a Duck Ride, and this was one that we saw when we were driving around.  It was something I was very excited to try. 
 While on the Duck they took us to a top of a hill for this beautiful view.
 And yep, we got to drive right into the water...it was so cool :)
 A fellow duck and if you look closely you can see another one about to drive into the water
 Beauty on the water, but you can also see the road we will drive out on
 I thought this was really cool.  This used to be the largest McDonald's in the world, its now closed but still pretty neat to see as it spanned the highway.  It was a wonderful 4 days and we so appreciate Grandma and Pa Brown for watching our boys (especially since one was sick) so we could have this special time that we will not forget.  Can hardly wait to go again and show the area to the boys.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment