Monday, August 4, 2014

Grandma and Pa's May/June visit! :) Part 1

While Grandma and Pa Brown were here we had a ton of fun!  So much fun in fact that this visit will span a few blog entries.  :)  Its a good thing they were here for a while.  :)  But the trip started with Ryan and I getting away for our weekend, so the first pictures are from their time, but they were nice enough to share the pictures with me.  :D
Pa was very well taken care of while the kids took care of him.  :)  Notice he has both kids lovies, blue bear and baby 
 Grandma Peg got this picture and I love it because it is classic watching tv position for my boys.  AJ loves to sit on the edge of the couch and Jake loves to be anywhere cuddled under a blanket (yes he is my son hehe)
 Jake and Pa doing an activity out of a book.
 It was very rainy at home while we were gone and so Grandma and Pa took the boys bowling.  They had only gone once before for a birthday party but they loved it!
 Pa gave both boys some tips
 AJ going for it...
" ....yes!!!"
 Jake is getting so big, bowling without the aid.
Ah my crazy boys with the swimming goggles
And since it was rainy, they will just practice their diving in the house
As I am constantly saying with my boys, "monkey see, monkey do"  :)  AJ has to do EVERYTHING his big brother does.
My boys are just like me, we love to watch the rain come down
We also took our first trip to the OKC Zoo.  It is an amazing zoo, and we look forward to many more trips there.  Here we were in the children's zoo where the boys were brushing the goats.
See, see!!!!  I do exist!!! :)  I am often the one taking the pictures, so occasionally I have to put one in with me too just so you know I am around.  hehe
The boys getting to pet a rabbit
Jake and Granma checking out a pig
And of course we are at the zoo, but the kids LOVE the slide  :)
...its a pretty cool cement one and we visit it almost every trip
Now if you ever talk to Jake about the zoo you will hear about Spider Monkeys, and he will expertly tell you that they have no thumbs.  :)  They are both his and his brother's favorite.  Jake learned about them at school and so when he got to actually see them at the zoo he was beyond excited.
We got very lucky on this first trip to the zoo with Grandma and Pa in that we got there right as they were getting ready to feed the Spider Monkeys.  So we got to see them find their food and wrestle them out of the containers they set them out in.  It was really fun to see.
Yep, its love :)
So of course I had to get a picture of one of the little guys, they are pretty cute.  :)
Great memories being made with Grandma and Pa
And they are off...bound for hippos and rhinos :)
Wow...he is really muddy
Such a beautiful lion
Jake checking out the elephant family
For some reason Jake really loved this waterfall.  Yes the kid is also a fan of the "backside of water!"  :) (Jungle Boat reference there)
And AJ's favorite part of the zoo...the misters.  lol  The OKC zoo really is amazing and I am so thankful that we have gotten an annual pass.  We have gone 4 times this summer, even enjoying a couple story times.  Such a great place and it will be fun to go over the year.
Now my boys love to bake, but when its hot out baking is not the best...so why not make Jigglers :)
We made green of course.  For some reason AJ loves green food, even when we take him to the local ice cream place (Braums) he always wants "green."  Does not matter the flavor, just the color.  :)
Making them was a lot of fun, but eating them was even better!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment