Thursday, August 28, 2014

AJ is 3 years old!!!

 
Wow...my baby boy is 3 years old!  Its amazing how quickly the time goes as I so clearly remember Jake at this age and AJ was just a little baby.  Now he is a big boy...which he will proudly tell you.  :D
 
 
I look at him now and he is sitting on the couch with a sword, and happily singing "Paw Patrollllll" as he watches his favorite cartoon.  :)  I remember after having Jake wanting so deeply to give Jake a little brother or sister and hoping that they could be great friends.  It took a little time but I realized one Christmas that we must be pregnant.  I had spent a lot of time praying for my little AJ and I have always felt like this was God's perfect Christmas gift to us that year.  :)  Then on August 22 an adorable little boy was born and we have all been having fun every since.  AJ is such a character, who has a huge personality, is adorable and knows it, loves to hang with the big boys, play outside, swim, build with Duplos, play superheroes and of course love and cuddle.  He still likes to compliment my shirt, or hair or shoes and its so cute.  If you ask him something he will often give you a look of great concentration as he slowly taps his little finger against his cheek.  AJ is my little reader too, I will often find him at bedtime or naptime sitting in his bed surrounded by a bunch of books while he is supposed to be sleeping.  And he adores his big brother!!!  Watching my two boys play together is wonderful.  AJ wants to do everything his brother does and often follows his interests.  The other day he even gave Jake one of his new beloved Ninja Turtle balls that we had gotten for his birthday party, it was Leo and both of their favorites...but he wanted Jake to have it because it would make him happy.  :)  How do I know this?  He told me...this boy has a great vocabulary and talks really really well.  It often surprises me but it so much fun to talk with him.  Many times are spent with me laughing.  :)  With our new life here in Oklahoma he has found many new things that he loves.  He enjoys going to the zoo often (which includes him asking me this week to go even though we had just gone last week...and yes we braved the heat and I took him with a friend again)!  He loves the monkeys (spider monkeys of course), the elephants and the black bears.  He is even brave enough to check out the snakes.  :)  He loves going to the splash pad in our neighborhood and any of our playgrounds.  And he is super excited for AWANA to start because he finally is old enough to go.  :)  This boy would love to start school right now but I keep telling him he needs to get a bit older.  Little Austin Jonah, our Squidly is a very special little boy and we love him with all of our hearts.  I look forward to seeing what type of man he becomes but until then I enjoy every second of my chicken nugget loving, hug and kiss loving, goofball, confident little boy.  So happy I get to stay him an enjoy the time with him before he starts school like his brother.  And I am so thankful to God for my best Christmas gift ever!!!  Happy Birthday AJ.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment