Tuesday, May 12, 2009

8 Weeks and a Wonderful Weekend

Well this last weekend we took a trip to my parents house in Discovery and we had a great time. On Thursday we were lucky enough to be able to work plans together with our friends Melissa, Steve and their daughter Kadence so that we could get together and introduce them to little Jake. We had a really great time and it was fun to see the kids together for the first time. Then we stayed the rest of the weekend and were lucky enough to spend Mother's Day in such a beautiful place. It was a really nice day and so special to have my first Mother's Day to celebrate having such an adorable son. I really am a very lucky mom. :) And we survived a long car ride with minimal damage which was really good. :) Jake was awake most of the time but was pretty good and only blew out his diaper once (which required a new outfit and mopping up the car seat before we could go on hehe)

And then today is also 8 weeks from when Jake was born. It amazes me how fast the time is going. But he is just so amazing and I love watching him. This weekend he was his happy smiley self even trying out his little giggle a few times for my parents. He also grabbed a toy out of my hand which surprised the heck out of me...I honestly think it surprised him too. But at 8 weeks he loves his swing, cuddling with anyone who will hold him, can hold his head up and loves to "sit" on his daddy's lap (with a teeny bit of help), and can follow us around with his eyes...when he is not absolutely enthralled with the ceiling. :) So here are some new pictures to be enjoyed.

Group picture with our friends Melissa, Steve and little Kadence
Jake and Kadence...it will be so much fun as they grow and can start to play with each other

Jake getting ready to watch a Giants vs Dodger game while we were there...can you tell who we were rooting for? :) Poor Ryan.
Little Jake with his monkey toy...this was right after he grabbed it out of my hand (I was holding onto the soft monkey and he managed to grab the ring holding onto it)


A new family picture of the three of us.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Mother's Day for you and Grandma! I missed you all, but am sooo enjoying the pictures of your time together. Do I see a budding romance with Jake and Kadence?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Jake is looking up at you, Sandy. So glad you had time with Kadence and her family. :) Can't wait to meet Jake ourselves. We are now in Redondo Beach. Dan has Sundays through Tuesdays off. Anytime we can get together. May have to be after our few little trips here, but maybe we can pull something off. Email me: adopted2x@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun having you!!!! Our little Jake is THE BEST! He's even a trooper when he has a cold!!!!

    Loved watching Kadence and Jake together. They will have many fun times together.

    Love you guys!!!
    Grandma and Grandpa L

    ReplyDelete