Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jake and Mommy week

Well this week had been the first week that Ryan returned to work and so many things have changed. Ryan has to work long days, still go to school and has much less time with little Jake. I am getting less sleep. And Jake and I are figuring out how to get everything done just the two of us. :) The biggest concern for me was taking showers as I would not have Ryan there to watch him. Luckily a friend of mine loaned me her bouncy chair and so I can put Jake in there while I shower. I is working pretty well although my dear son does not seem to like me in the shower too much. He will be happy and playing for a little bit and then will start to fuss and cry. So I hurry out of the shower and talk to him and then he is happy as a clam. In fact this morning he actually fell asleep...he couldn't have done that while I was still enjoying my shower? lol But he is getting smarter and smarter every day. This week we have been having a lot more play time as I noticed he was kicking and swinging his arms madly when I would change him...so I figured the activity mat might be enjoyed a little more right now. And I was right. He first enjoyed just laying there and swinging his limbs around like a crazy person...not really meaning to hit any of his toys. But today he started grabbing at them and holding on to them. WOW Yesterday I had read that if you put your hands behind their feet during tummy time they can actually push off your hands and "creep" across the floor. To my amazement Jake could actually move forward a little. We have a small mat but I actually had to pull him back a bit before he got onto the carpet a couple of times. I am amazed at how fast he is learning. :) But here are some new pics for the week. :)

A possible answer to our favorite baseball team...make Jake an Angels fan. :)

One of the last times Ryan gave Jake a bottle he decided he wants to learn how to hold it.
Jake asleep in the bouncy chair (thank you Christy)

Jake playing on his activity mat and grabbing one of the hanging toys

3 comments:

  1. What a smart little guy...he already can make you get out of the shower ;D He is growing up so fast already!!!! Hugs from grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sandy, he is so cute! I hope all is well with you guys. Give me a ring sometime if you have a few minutes. I would love to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pics of Jake. He is sooooooooo cute and very advanced for his age!!!!!!! Glad he is letting you take a shower, Sandy, if only for a few minutes. Enjoy every minute of him!!!! We miss you guys so much!!!!

    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa L

    ReplyDelete