Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Growing Boy

Well Jake is now a little over 10 weeks old...he has now gone to double digits. Crazy. An even crazier is the fact that is he growing like a weed. I took him to his 2 month appointment last Friday and found out that he is now 15 lbs 9 oz and 26 1/2" long. He had grown 1 1/2" in two weeks. Jake is going to be 9' tall if he does not slow down soon. :) But he survived the rest of the appointment very well, screamed with all his might during the shots but then calmed down immediately as soon as I held him. So he is my brave little boy.
Although there is something else that I personally am finding a little alarming...I think he is figuring out how to roll onto his left side while lying on his back. He did it at 3 weeks but we could tell from his face that he was as surprised as we were. But last week after I finished my blog entry I took my eyes of him for a minute and when I looked at him again he was lying on his side...I knew I had put him on his back. But I told myself that it was a fluke as he is only 2 months old. Well then he did it again on Saturday, did it again on the changing table on Sunday and again yesterday. Not a constant thing but I am starting to think its a bit too often for a fluke. He is too young to be figuring things out like that!!!
Oh well, he sure is growing fast. :) But here are some pictures from the week to enjoy.

We have recently discovered that he likes to sit propped up in the corner of the couch. Our big boy. :) And he loves to grab his blankie now and play with it...constantly pulling it off his feet and then becoming upset later when they are cold.
A recent bath picture, he is starting to get a little better with them, although he still hates to have his face washed. Isn't it cute how is is adoringly looking at his daddy?!?
As promised, here is a picture of Jake in his sunglasses and hat..although I put the hat on him correctly and then he moved his head around until he had it at a "cooler" angle. hehe
And this is the best picture I could get of Jake working on rolling on his side. He will not do it on command and so I have not been able to time it right to get a pic yet.

3 comments:

  1. Sandy you are doing such a great job blogging!!! Not sure I'm in love with the Dodgers outfit though. Need more Giants pictures. What size is jake wearing now? He must be close to 6 months at that size!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...that Dodgers outfit is Great!! Tell Jake his grandma is proud of him learning to roll over. Now the fun begins ;). Love the pictures, I can't wait to see him for real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His grandpa wants to know what his batting average is.

    ReplyDelete