Saturday, October 11, 2014

Jake's First Day of Kindergarten

And of course the day finally came.  The day I always thought was so far away!  After all I would get my babies for 5 years before they started school and that was forever right???  Wrong.  But while AJ and I were bummed that Jake would now be gone most of the day during the week Jake was beyond excited, so we could only be excited for him!  And he was!!!  Jake got an excellent teacher in Mrs. Bovos who is sweet, kinda, patient and an amazing teacher who has already taught Jake so much.  And she introduced Jake and our family to Pete the Cat books for which I will always be thankful as it has given both of our boys such a love of books.  But before I get ahead of myself...the first day of school.  Jake was super excited, had his first day of school outfit all picked out and could hardly wait to get there!
The last day of summer we made sure to have a lot of fun, a donut morning to start it off was a must!
Then a trip to the splash pad in our neighborhood to have some last summer day fun.  :)
But the night before we pulled out Jake's Bumblebee lunch box and packed the lunch he had decided on a week earlier.
A cheese sandwich (which I will mention we are now into Oct and he has had every day of school except for 4), banana, Despicable Me crackers and a drink
My Kindergartener
This was the most honest picture of the day.  How sad AJ was that his brother would not be around to play with and how excited Jake was about school.  Poor little AJ
Jake, all ready for school
....and of course AJ had to jump in the picture too...but it was too cute :)
The first day parents were able to bring their kids into the gym where the younger kids always gather right before school starts (where their teacher comes to get them and walk them to class).  So here is Jake sitting with his class.  I will say the next morning I dropped him off in the drop off line behind school and he was so cute.  He hopped out of the car and started to walk to the door.  But then he saw another little boy looking a little confused.  So he just walked right up to him and talked a little and then happily led the little guy to the door, it was so cute and I was just so proud of him.  He was and is so ready for Kindergarten!


No comments:

Post a Comment