Sunday, October 12, 2014

Settling into School Season

So as we have been settling into the new school schedule we have also been keeping busy with lots of fun activities.  Fun things during the days with AJ, hanging out after school, and t-ball and more fun on the weekends.  The time just seems to go so fast!  And I have to say now I understand why parents love summer vacation so much.  School mornings are so crazy getting everyone ready, fed and to school on time.  And I am just getting one ready right now, often AJ and I drop off Jake while we are still in our PJs :)  But we are falling into a routine and still having fun along the way!  :)
 Jake had just gotten this hand me down shirt from a friend of ours (who went above and beyond bringing hand me downs in her luggage when she came out here on a business trip...what a friend!!!) and he was having fun showing it off!  :)
One morning after we dropped Jake off at school it was still nice outside and so we played in the backyard.  AJ was working on his t-ball skills 
 This was a very happy day for me.  Jake came home from school one day with this in his backpack!  I remember bringing home the exact same thing when I was in school and I LOVED them.  I am so excited that Jake gets to enjoy them too.  Occasionally ordering books and then getting that special package at school.  So much fun!!!!
 Jake and AJ pouring over the books and deciding what they should order.  :)
 Jake had been wanting some special time with just me and so one weekend day Ryan stayed home with AJ and Jake and I went and ran errands and had some fun.  We went all sorts of places and then I took him to Starbucks where he enjoyed a strawberry banana smoothy. 
It was so much fun to just have special time with my big boy, he has become quite the chatter box and is just so much fun to hang out with :) 
 Our church was selling these Bible App for Kids shirts and the boys were super excited about them.  And since it was for our church we were more than happy to get them for them.  Plus they look like adorable twins.  :)
 It is also the start of a new era...homework.  At this point Jake loves it and thinks its a ton of fun.  He gets one sheet for the week and always wants to do it all in one sitting.  I am enjoying it while I can as I know there is no way this will last.  :)
He is darn cute doing it too
At a Zoo Friends Appreciation Day we got to do a bunch of the special things for free, so AJ had a blast.  One thing he adored was his first time on a carousel!  He did not want to get off and wanted to try and ride on every animal.  :D 
Riding on the small train with his Best Buddy
I often see interesting things when I get AJ from naptime.  On this day this is exactly what I found when I went to get him.  :)  Too cute
I mentioned in an earlier post that my boys fell in love with the Pete the Cat books after Jake's teacher introduced them to the class.  We ordered 3 in the first book order and my boys have fallen in love with them.  This picture was taken of Jake "reading" one to his brother...and this continued with all of them for about 30 minutes only stopping when we needed to get ready to go.  :)  At this point even AJ has them memorized.  And yes we have ordered a few more.  :)
Jake has also started another season of t-ball.  His coach from last season was going to coach again for this league and Jake was super excited to play again.  Ryan is the assistant coach again which Jake loves and the team only has 7 players...so they all play a ton.  Its a great league where the kids have a blast and learn about teamwork and being good sports.  I love it!!!  Oh and their team is the Red Dragons.  :)
Some of the boys sitting on the bench and chatting.  :)  The great thing is Jake's best buddy #15 is also on his team.  They are having so much fun playing together. Jake is #18
Jake going to batt
Very serious runner
Ready to come home with Daddy coaching from 3rd
Jake and his Buddy Grant :)  Two peas in a pod


No comments:

Post a Comment