Sunday, January 29, 2017

My Birthday Trip to Branson!

For my birthday this year I really wanted to spend it in Branson MO in my favorite place...Big Cedar! :D  Ryan was sweet enough to make it happen and once the holidays were over and my parents had to leave I was super excited to go. :D
 We have arrived!!!
 I think AJ shares my joy!
 After going grocery shopping we went to dinner at our favorite restaurant at Big Cedar
 Luckily these boys were happy about it too!
 Starting to get in the vacation spirit :D
 The Lodge our room was in
 And of course the boys could not wait one day before going for a swim!  AJ zooming down the slide
The boys have always loved this slide!
They have also come a long way since our first trip there as Jake is a great swimmer and AJ, while its not pretty...can get it done.  Jake is flying off here :)
First morning!  And while on vacation we get special vacation cereal...Smores :D
While exploring the new building at Paradise Point we really started to enjoy the warm fire
Jake's picture of Mom and Dad
Then of course we HAD to go to Steak N Shake as its a requirement of the boys for any trip to Branson.  We happened to hit the shake happy hour and so we surprised the boys with the big size!
They were pretty happy about it :D
Me and my boys!  I love being a boymom!!!!
AJ loved this tree decorated for Christmas and it was beautiful at night.  One benefit to getting there right after New Years was that the decorations were still up for a couple days...so cool!!!
Mini Golf!
I have wanted to get this picture for 2 years but for a long time AJ was afraid to get too close to the fish.  But it was worth waiting for :D
Gotta sink our putts inside the fish
Yeah AJ is not crazy at all.
This year they put up this awesome ice rink
It was so much fun to see it while we were golfing and hear the Christmas music they were playing!
My birthday morning!  I loved waking up with the great view, a wonderful cup of coffee, a book I had been looking forward to reading and letting the kids watch a movie (Peanuts...the boys also fell in love with Charlie Brown late in the year).  My family blessed me with gifts and then we enjoyed an outstanding breakfast of eggs in a basket before we went for a swim and soak in the beautiful outdoor hot tub!
Then we went out to walk the beautiful grounds...found this nice fellow
And of course a game of mini golf
Then as the temps had quickly dropped we warmed up in the main Lodge Lobby and played with Lincoln Logs
Do I look older?
Jake's cabin
AJ's village
Then we jumped on a shuttle for a ride to our clubhouse so that we could pick up some hot cocoa and movies to enjoy in our room!
Yeah, this is the life!
Such a great evening of relaxing, watching movies and reading and enjoying our beautiful place.  I absolutely loved my birthday and the relaxation that it gave us!  Plus special time the 4 of us is always treasured!!!
Time to leave...always hard to go but wow we had such a fantastic time! Now back to real life.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information. For more information visit daily tech studios

    ReplyDelete